|1 staff |
|5 month |
social media campaign
| 1000 flyers |
designed and sent out
Mums for Lungs was set up in 2017 by a group of London parents. It is a grassroots organisation, working to raise awareness of the dangers of air pollution and urging government and local authorities to take action. Initiatives include:
- School Streets – initiative to transform the roads outside schools so that only pedestrians and cyclists can use them at school drop off and pick up times.
- Idling – raising awareness about the dangers of idling and campaigning for the use of parking enforcement solutions to tackle idling.
- Legislation and consultations - campaigning by writing letters to MPs, ministers and local councils, and to respond to public policy consultations on public policy proposals.
Isla’s grant contributed to the following activities:
- Assessed suitability of 433 illegally polluted schools in London for School Streets.
- Drafted detailed memo/guide on School Streets for heads and parents
- Hired staff to coordinate the project
- Covered the cost of website development and copywriting
- Covered the cost of printing and sending letters to schools
- Emailed travel advisors of all boroughs
- Ran a 5 month social media campaign
- Ran social media advertising
- Covered the cost of the design and copy for the School Street flyer