Alongside grant-giving, we try our best to support organisations in a non-financial capacity too. Below you can find some initiatives we have worked on with our brilliant partners:
- Supported the “Help Our Kelp” movement, including campaigning to stop harmful fishing activities which destroy kelp forests (vital for many reasons, including their ability to store up to 20x more carbon per acre than land forests). This resulted in the passing of the Nearshore Trawling Bylaw which prevents trawl fishing along 117 square miles of Sussex’s coastline.
- Provided fundraising advice to campaigners working on womens’ rights and gender-based violence, and promoting their work to other key funders.
- Helped strengthen collaboration between funders working on violence against women and girls, through attending key events & meetings and advising on the structure & desired outcomes of these to ensure maximum productivity.
- Worked with our grant partners to request provision of safe accommodation for women fleeing domestic abuse during the pandemic.
- Provided materials and equipment such as colouring books and pencils to go out with food essentials to the Felix project, and computers to Citizens UK to help bridge the digital divide during the pandemic.
- Helped amplify important messages coming from the London community as members of the London Funders Communication Team.
- Supported an initiative to create safe rooms in Boots where women can use safe words to signal to staff that they are experiencing domestic violence.